- If I like it, it is mine.
- If it is in my hands, it is mine.
- If I can take it from you, it is mine.
- If I had it a little while ago, it is mine.
- If it is mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
- If I am doing or building something, all of the pieces are mine.
- If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
how true is that?!! i got this from our playgroup teacher last week and promptly stuck it on the fridge as a reminder of what goes on in this little mind...and to not expect too much from her almost 2 year old self!
now that yindi is no longer a baby she vehemently protests being treated like one by her big sister! she wants to be just like a big girl...and thus my world is now hissy fits, screams, pulling of hair and snatching a-plenty!
i've started 'pinky swearing' with ivy in the morning (because things are taken seriously if you pink swear it) for more kindness to be shown to this little family member...and it seems to be working so far! less screeching and slamming of doors followed by the yelling of 'you're horrible yindi!' (and then sobs for dramatic flair). sigh! but we really can't do much but love this little face and funny-happy-loving-sometimescrazy-sweet toddler of ours!